Monday, March 24, 2008

Opening Day…A Bit Early

Tomorrow morning marks opening day of Baseball 2008. With the World Champion Boston Red Sox and the Oakland Athletics starting this season playing two games in Japan, the start time is 6am for those of us on the East Coast. That’s awfully early to be getting up for a baseball game. But I’m doin’ it. I am, after all, a member of the House of The Fenway Faithful.


Local sports radio station WZON (AM 620) normally has an Opening Day Cookout at their station parking lot, with the Maine-standard red hot dogs, some soda and chips. A fun time, I’ve heard, as I was not living in the area when they started this tradition so I have never had the chance to go to it. This year, however, with the season starting in Japan, it means a very early start time due to the time difference, so they’ve had to mix it up a little bit. Instead of an Opening Day Cookout, they’re hosting the Opening Day Breakfast Buffet.

A local restaurant in Bangor, Governor’s, is opening early and having a special breakfast buffet from 6am until 9am. With WZON giving away Red Sox tickets, t-shirts, hats, etc, it will be fun time, and probably the only time that I’ll be up that early on an opening day waiting for the first pitch of a Sox game with a pile of pancakes on the end of my fork.

So, TFKoP readers, I’ll be up at 5:30am tomorrow morning awaiting my ride to the buffet. Tuesday is not only Opening Day for Major League Baseball, it’s also “Pancakes with the Red Sox” day!


mmmmmmmm…..blueberry pancakes…….

Go Red Sox!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home