Tuesday, January 15, 2008

AFC Championship Game: Patriots vs Chargers

And guess what, dear TFKoP readers? I'LL BE AT THE GAME!!!


Yes, you read that correctly. I.....TFKoP.....will be AT the game. A chummy of mine scored some tickets from a friend of a friend. I'm digging pretty deep into my bank account to pay for my ticket, but I just have to do this. I'm skipping a planned summer get-away so that I can afford to make this football game happen. And I can honestly say that I did not have to spend more than $401 to buy the ticket. **gulp**

There will be 4 of us heading South down I-95 on Sunday morning....like 7am early. It'll take us about 4 1/2 - 5 hours to make the journey, and who knows how long it'll take to actually get into the parking lot as I expect that traffic will probably be backed up. I've never been to Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, MA but my experiences living near the stadiums in Philly for over 12 years taught me that traffic gets busy as shit when there's a game. Regardless, we'll be in Section 307 for the game! It's one of the upper sections, but we're not so close to the railing that we risk falling over and out of the stadium each time we have to up-swing our arms when the wave goes by.

This is the first time I will have ever seen the Patriots play live and in person. They should have no problem crushinating the San Diego Chargers. Once that's done, it'll only be a two week wait for Super Bowl XLII (that's 42) in Phoenix. The Patriots will continue their dominance and also crush in that game against the winner of the Green Bay/NY Giants game being played in Green Bay on Sunday night. We'll be watching that game from our hotel room in Foxborough, and then head back to good ole Orono on Monday morning.

When the Patriots finish these next two games with resounding victories, not only will they be SuperBowl champions again...their 4th time this millenium...they will also be the first team in the NFL to EVER finish the season at 19-0. Hats off to the 1972 Miami Dolphins for having a 17-0 season that included a SuperBowl, but your time has passed and it's time for someone else to go undefeated, and it might as well be the team I cheer for!

Let's face it, if your football team goes undefeated through the regular season, then undefeated through the playoff cycle, you'd damn well better win the big game. Otherwise, you had an okay season that FAILED to meet the objective you set at the beginning of the season, which was to be the champions. No win in the big game just makes you a good, not great, team.

Besides, can you imagine being on a team that is undefeated through the whole season, only to lose in the championship game? That's gotta be as bad as being seen with the hottest chick on the planet, marrying her, and then on your wedding night finding out that she's a DUDE!!!!

So, LET's GO PATRIOTS! I'll be cheering, and freezing, for you...all in the name of being a fan. And besides, I'll be where so many others wish they were....actually at the game!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home