Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Philadelphia Phillies World Series Champs 2008

Congratulations to the Philadelphia Phillies on crushing the Tampa Bay Rays and winning the World Series tonight. They wrapped up the rain-suspended Game 5 (how wacky was all that???) tonight beating the Rays by a final score of 4-3, thus winning the 7 game series by a 4 games to 1 margin.

And as a former resident of Philadelphia (12 1/2 years, not including the one year I spent in the city as a Navy Hospital Corpsman from January through December of 1984), I want to say WooooHoooo for the Phillies, their fans, and the city of Philadelphia. Since you weren't playing my Red Sox, it was very easy to cheer for you. I even had my Fightin Phils rally towel dug out of a drawer.

I hope all of my friends in the city of Philly are having a wicked awesome time tonight and you all MUST go to the parade!!

And be sure to tell me all about it, and send pictures....but none with Mummers in them.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Digital Fortress said...

I used to live in South NJ that reference to the mummers really took me back. Go Phillies!

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home