Friday, October 24, 2008

University of Maine Hockey

It's that time of year again, folks, when the UMaine Black Bears take the ice for their season home opener. I've got my season tickets and I'm more than ready for some college hockey action.


The Black Bears (or am I supposed to be calling them the African American Bears....?) had a disappointing season last year, and this year will be another rough one for them, but it's awesome to watch hockey in a live setting, and Maine hockey has been in my blood for a long time. I can remember when the Alfond Arena was being built back in the late 70s (about a mile from my home), and my folks bought 4 season tickets, three of which they still have to this day (one of which is now mine).

However their season turns out, I'm a fan, and quite frankly I love the fact that my seat is directly behind the visiting teams bench...and when I say directly behind, I mean it. Check this view from seat.

Go Black Bears!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice. You can totally talk smack about the visiting team and they'll hear you!

12:52 PM  
Blogger TFKoP said...

They totally hear me. I yell things like, "Hey Opposing Team Player Guy, I heard your girlfriend is sleeping with the landlord. Oh, and I'm the landlord!"

That's my favorite.

--TFKoP

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home