Sunday, February 03, 2008

Super Blow 42

Well, TFKoP readers, when I'm wrong I'll admit it.

My New England Patriots forgot to show up for Super Bowl 42, and the New York "football" Giants won the game, 17-14.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bitter. The Giants completely dominated the Patriots' offense and defensive lines. I think Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers spent more time on the field during their halftime show than the Patriots' offense spent on the field the whole game.

Here's where the difference in this game was: despite New England being the better team all year long and the team that was favored to win, the Giants WANTED to win whereas the Patriots EXPECTED to win. The difference, as told by the final score, was the wanting to win, and the Giants worked harder for it and earned it.

So, hats off the Giants. It's not the outcome I was hoping for, but the better team won tonight.

And that's how it's supposed to be in the Super Bowl.

So much for 19-0. I was so hoping that Mercury Morris was now going to shut the fuck up.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger SFF said...

I'm laying in a gutter clutching a bottle of paint thinner. Say it ain't so! Someone wake me from this nightmare. I wish I could sing You Got Lucky, but the Giants were Runnin' Down a Dream!

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home