Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Thanksgiving Day Soup Pic

So, in my November 22 post, I was telling you about hanging out in Allentown, PA with my friend Cupcake. I mentioned making the onion soup that was served IN the onions for the Turkey Day feast, and thought I'd show you how it turned out! Just got the pic emailed to me today from Cupcake's sister (I'll call her Brownie!) and wanted to share it with you.



Another thing Cupcake and I brought to the dinner was asparagus wrapped with prosciutto. Awesome, eh?


Your mouth is watering, ain't it??

Hope your holiday was as awesome as mine was.

Now, with the XMas holiday upcoming, I'm wondering how I can top these two items when I go to Cupcake's again, and have to bring something for the meal at Brownie's and her husband's house.

I also make a pretty awesome chicken soup, so I'm thinking that will be soup of choice. Unlike the onion soup, however, I don't serve the chicken soup in a hollowed-out chicken.

3 Comments:

Blogger QUASAR9 said...

I quite like orange icecream
or orange sorbet
served inside the rind or peel

And I do like onion soup, but wasn't the raw onion soup bowl a little overpowering?

1:17 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

And is it true that if you cover your nose (and close your eyes) onion taste jusk like apple? -
notwithstanding the texture is different, and the bite makes it crumble differently

1:17 AM  
Blogger TFKoP said...

Quasar: actually, the onion bowls were slightly cooked when they went into the oven in order to melt the cheese I put on the top of the soup filled onion.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home