Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The House of The Fenway Faithful

The local AM sports station I listen to here in Orono is WZON AM 6200. (Stephen King owns this station along with the local rock station, WKIT)

Once each month during this current baseball season season WZON has held a live broadcast and gathering of Red Sox fans at the local GroundRound. While the GroundRound is not a restaurant I have on my dining-out radar, it's a perfect setting for this gathering: there's a bar, there's bar food (and buy one get one free! appetizer specials....nice!) and trivia and giveaways. It's a fun time, and the place has been packed for the three that I've gone to since moving back to Orono in July. And, they make pretty good Buffalo wings so that should impress you.

The third one I attended was last night. And I won something. I won the "House of The Fenway Faithful" banner. Now, this is not something I would use to decorate inside my house. Well, maybe in a few years when I'm able to finish my basement....it might go okay in the room I set-up down there. But until that time, I'm at a loss where to hang it. It just isn't inside-decor material.




I guess my option is to hang it outside on my house....to profess that this is indeed a House of a Fenway Faithful. And with the Red Sox in the upcoming playoffs, what better way to show my support for the team.

I just hope people driving by don't think this place is a bar. Unless they bring their own beer......and Buffalo wings.

GO RED SOX!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sar said...

You're in luck. I know just where to put such a banner. How familiar are you with the interior of your trash can?

GO YANKEES!

;)

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home