Wednesday, April 11, 2007

What’re Words For, Part 20

Wow! It’s been far too long since I’ve done a grammah (grammer) lesson for all of your TFKoP readers. I’ve just been so gawsh-darned busy that I’ve neglected the teaching you’ve all come to expect.

So, without further ado, on with this lesson.

Phrase: Driving at (V.)
Definition: attempting, engaged in
“What are you driving at now, Pete?”
“I’m working two jobs. Have to. I’ve got a wife, a car payment and a girlfriend; and they’re all three thirty days past overdue.”

(Definition from: "How To Talk Yankee", by Gerald Lewis & Tim Sample, copyright 1979, 1986 by The Thorndike Press; copyright 1989 by the First North Country Press)

Looks like Pete is one busy guy!

Hope all is well in your corner of the woods, chummies.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home