Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Maine Counties Song
We're going to jump into the Wayback Machine for this one, folks.

When I was in first or second grade at Asa C. Adams Elementary School in my hometown of Orono, Maine (we’re talking something like 1973 or 1974), our classes were taught a song to help us remember the names of the sixteen counties in Maine.

Just for fun, I’d like to teach all of you this little ditty. It’s sung to the tune of “Yankee Doodle Dandy”. And away we go with the “Maine Counties Song”:

Sixteen counties has our State:
Cumberland, and Franklin,
Piscataquis and Kennebec,
Oxford, Androscoggin.
Waldo, Washington and York,
Lincoln, Knox and Hancock.
Sagadehock and Somerset,
Aroostook and Penobscot.

How cool is that? It is just catchy enough that all of these years later, I can still remember it!!


That’s…The Finest Kind of Pork, ayuh.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still remember a staes somg I did in sixth grade, six years ago (not that long ago).

5:06 PM  
Blogger TFKoP said...

Anonymous: Hey, what state song was it?

--joe "TFKoP"

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home